21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
Programming skills in any language strongly recommended (SQL, Java, C#, VBA, etc...)
This 3 days course is aimed to introduce Drools 6 to developers. This course doesn't cover drools integration, performance or any other complex topics.
Short introduction to rule engines
- Short history or Expert Systems and Rules Engine
- What is Artificial Intelligence?
- Forward vs Backward chaining
- Declarative vs procedure/oop
- Comparison of solutions
- When to use rule engines?
- When not to use rule engines?
- Alternatives to rule engines
- Authoring Assets
- Workbench Integration
- Executing rules directly from KIE
- Decision tables
- Rule Templates
- Guided rule editor
- Work Items
- Versioning and deployment
- A bit more about repository (git)
- Developing simple process with rules
Writing rules in Eclipse
- Stateless vs Stateful sessions
- Selecting proper facts
- Basic operators and Drools specific operators
- Basic accumulate functions (sum, max, etc...)
- Intermediate calculations
- Inserting new facts
- Exercises (lots of them)
- Ordering rules with BPMN
- Ruleflow vs BPMN 2.0
- Executing ruleset from a process
- Rules vs gateways
- Short overview of BPMN 2.0 features (transactions, exception handling)
- Comprehensive declarative business logic in Drools
- Domain Specific Languages (DSL)
- Creating new languages
- Preparing DSL to be used by manages
- Basic Natural Language Processing (NLP) with DSL
- Fusion (CPE), temporal reasoning (for events to happen after, between, etc...)
- Fusion operators
- Example in Event Schedules
- Unit testing
- Drools and integration via web services
- Drools integration via command line
- How to change rules/process after deployment without compiling
Lots of exercises, which were good and which were well-administered.
Nice Linux based training environment, a lot of examples and good web based documentation.
Roberto Campesato - CERN (The European Organization for Nuclear Research
I liked the interactive approach, keeps the training interesting.
Very well delivered.
Interactive trainer, helpful and had lots of suggestions for participants.
It was nice to see some other editors, other details around bpmn.
I really was benefit from the exercises in Eclipse.
I generally enjoyed the exercises.
The exercises were great and the material is short and concise.
It met our expectations.
Maintaining speed with taking every one in the group along. Exercise oriented. Tried to cover as much as possible comfortably.
I was benefit from the flexibility and thorough explanations regarding the usage.
I liked the positive and optimistic attitude. Gives good answers to questions.
Emil Krabbe Nielsen
Some of our clients
is growing fast!
We are looking to expand our presence in Macao!
As a Business Development Manager you will:
- expand business in Macao
- recruit local talent (sales, agents, trainers, consultants)
- recruit local trainers and consultants
- Artificial Intelligence and Big Data systems to support your local operation
- high-tech automation
- continuously upgraded course catalogue and content
- good fun in international team
If you are interested in running a high-tech, high-quality training and consulting business.Apply now!