21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
Beyond solid knowledge in using Java components, even for experienced Java programmers it is essential to have a deep knowledge in web-related vulnerabilities both on server and client side, the different vulnerabilities that are relevant for web applications written in Java, and the consequences of the various risks.
The course introduces security components of Standard Java Edition, which is preceded with the foundations of cryptography, providing a common baseline for understanding the purpose and the operation of the applicable components. The use of all components is presented through practical exercises, where participants can try out the discussed APIs and tools for themselves.
Finally, the course explains the most frequent and severe programming flaws of the Java language and platform. Besides the typical bugs committed by Java programmers, the introduced security vulnerabilities cover both language-specific issues and problems stemming from the runtime environment. All vulnerabilities and the relevant attacks are demonstrated through easy-to-understand exercises, followed by the recommended coding guidelines and the possible mitigation techniques.
Participants attending this course will
- Understand basic concepts of security, IT security and secure coding
- Learn Web vulnerabilities beyond OWASP Top Ten and know how to avoid them
- Learn client-side vulnerabilities and secure coding practices
- Learn to use various security features of the Java development environment
- Have a practical understanding of cryptography
- Learn about typical coding mistakes and how to avoid them
- Get information about some recent vulnerabilities in the Java framework
- Get practical knowledge in using security testing tools
- Get sources and further readings on secure coding practices
- IT security and secure coding
- Web application security
- Client-side security
- Foundations of Java security
- Practical cryptography
- Java security services
- XML security
- Common coding errors and vulnerabilities
- Principles of security and secure coding
- Knowledge sources
2020-07-06 2020-07-08M3 Integrated - NobleProg Macao
I genuinely liked the real world scenarios.
I genuinely liked the organization.
Very good knowledge and character.